Adelaide Eco Friendly Hotel
At Miller Apartments Adelaide we are serious about our environmental initiatives we also know that all our major efforts will amount to nothing if we do not also look at the smaller issues. In an effort to save on water & power consumption as well as reducing the chemicals we release into the waterways our rooms are given a full service once every three days. Our friendly housekeepers will still enter the rooms daily and remove rubbish, replace amenities and replace towels if they are left on the floor.
We have received some great feedback from our regular guests on our efforts so far and welcome any suggestions you would care to make to help us have even less of an impact on our fragile environment.
Sustainable development techniques have been implemented ensuring the best possible living environment for our guests.
A few examples of these developments are:
- Solar powered gas heating for hot water.
- Opening windows/doors providing natural cross ventilation, reducing reliance on air conditioning.
- Double brick construction with significant thermal insulation properties.
- Additional thermal insulation in the walls and roof to provide a stable climate.
- External sun shading is achieved with recessed balconies and protruding elements above glazing.
- Low energy sensor driven light fittings are fitted throughout the building.
- Green star appliances, only the highest energy rating electrical appliances have been selected.
- The hotel is 100% Non-Smoking throughout the entire building, including all balconies.